Friday, October 16, 2009

October 16, 2009

Physical Health and Spiritual Ministry

I wish...that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth  3 John 1:2

Do not misconstrue the scripture which says "I beat my body to keep it in subjection." A more clear way to state the true intent would be to say. "By proper discipline and care of the physical body, it may be made to fulfil the desires and demands of the soul." Otherwise, you may by lack of concern for your physical health, hamper your spiritual ministry.  Run the race with a pure heart, and the reward shall be given you.

If I truly want to be God's vessel and be used in ministry, I have to make choices in my life for that to happen.  It means choosing, God's best over my best, living God's way over my way, obeying God's wishes over my wishes.Only then will I truly prosper, and prosper doesn't necessarily mean financially,  It may mean peace in the midst of conflict.......


Father, give me a desire to be your vessel this day, show me ways that I can translate that to living with my family and the students at school.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday was interesting both at school and at home and that is all I want to say about it.  I continue to get things organized for winter, but in the midst of picking up tools, etc. I am missing something I was using yesterday.  I always get frustrated with myself when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment