Friday, October 9, 2009

October 9, 2009

Outflow
What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Matthew 16:26
The spirit is prepared for worldly success only after it has learned to care nothing for it. I fill the hand that lies open in worship.  The hand that grasps shall be forever empty.  Learn to leave to My love and wisdom all your destiny. Nothing ought concern you but the health of your soul and the outflow of your life. You will free your soul as you refuse to seek anything and desire only to give. Then shall I bless you.

What a place giving has in our lives.  And God has to work it in our hearts. We come empty handed and he fills our lives with himself, but if we come clutching, we go away empty because we aren't willing to let go of what is controlling our lives.

Father, open my eyes to see you and to see your desires for my life.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday, was an interesting day, I had some good and some not so good experiences at school, but I will focus on the good.  I spent some time painting and also planting iris.  There are still areas that I want to work on but that may have to wait til next week.  I am trusting that we will still have some good weather.  Dad was cultivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment