Friday, October 23, 2009

Octoer 23, 2009

The Road is Steep
Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way,
which leadeth unto life Matthew 7:14

You are a chosen vessel to Me, so do not be filled with filthy lucre. Be wholesome, humble, simple; for simplicity and a spirit of humility befit one who serves the Lord.
You are My treasure. I delight in you when you are fully yielded to Me with no thoughts of personal ambition or achievement. If you wish for anything, wish for more of My nearness. If you long after anything, long after more of My righteousness and more of My love.

God has chosen us, we are his vessels when we have invited Jesus into our hearts.  But it is so easy to allow things to enter that pull us away from our relationship with God.  What is pulling you away?  What is keeping you from putting God first? 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Yesterday was a day at home, except that I took Frank and Dorothy to the dentist at Edmore after dinner. I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon outside, and was able to finish some of the fall projects, that was a good feeling.  We will see some of you today when we come to Grand Forks, dinner at noon at the Green Mill

3 comments: