Friday, October 2, 2009

October 2, 2009

Avoid Frivolity
Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof.  Matthew 12:36

Avoid frivolity with the same carefulness as you disdain the grosser sins. The latter are transgressions of the law of God. but the former is a thief and will rob both yourself and others of spiritual good.
A bantering spirit may cause you to be oblivious to opportunities to minister that may lie directly in your path.  Thus if you are indulging in spiritual profligacy, you rob the other person of the blessing you could have given, and you rob yourself of the reward you would have received.

There are a couple of words here that we don't really use, I looked up bantering, and it is about teasing, and I think I have told you before that I know that isn't for me,, I didn't find the word profligacy, but I suspect that the meaning follows the word, when it tells us that we rob the other person of the blessing we could have given and our selves the reward we would ahve received.

How many opportunities are we missing out on to bless someone else, how careful we need to be in our attitude toward the others around us, it applies to me with students at school.  It applies to us where ever we are and with who ever, including our family.  Sometimes I don't want to really tell your Dad what I am feeling, but it just is better if I am honest with him in what I say.  How does that apply in your life?

Father, show us today how we can be more honest and sincere in our thoughts and actions to those around us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday it was really wet.  The first class came with their students to the country school.  They ahd a good time and I was able to go out and visit them at noon.  We had some challenges at school with students, one in particular.  After school, I went to the O'Brien house and turned up heat and opened the door so the hunters could come there today. Then out to the school to get it ready for today.  I came home and slept and did a bit of work in the shanty, I set the flowers outside, so that now when I bring them in I am ready for winter.   I cut out one of the quilts that I am going to sew.

Trust that you each had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment