Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10, 2009

/A Merry Heart
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine  Proverbs 17:22
Nothing is gained, but much is lost by bitterness of spirit in the day of trouble.  You may not be able to escape calamity but you should even more avoid a doleful countenance because it denotes a tempest in the heart and turbulence of mind, and reveals rebellion against the hand of God as it shapes destiny.
Look unto Jesus, "the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2) Peace, joy and hope are His mantle and holiness emanates from His presence.
/
Last night  we watched Joyce Meyers on TV, she had a man named John Maxwell as her guest, they were talking about being encouragers,  We are what we confess, if we are negative,   we speak that way and that is what we give to people, if we are positive we speak that way.  It is then that we can become an encourager.  Really that is something we could all be, and it would change the world, atleast the world around us.  I reflect on people in my life who have encouraged me. Sometimes, they may not have realized how helpful their words were to me.

I also reflect on the danger of a spirit of bitterness, I remember a time and a situation with my family, the things that were happening and how thankful I am for how God helped me deal with a situation which could have become a time of bitterness.  It truly was God,  then I reflect on people who are bitter, they have allowed life events and experiences to give them a really bad attitude.  They have allowed bitterness to settle in their heart, and it is so hard to be set free from that spirit.

Father, today we thank you for life and the hope that we have in you.  You are all that we need, help us to look to you for the help we need to meet todays challenges.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

Yesterday was a different day,  first we have an automatic system that calls us about school announcements, we had three calls yesterday, first 2 hours late, then no school, then last night that buses would be 2 hours late today.  So it was a day at home,  I spent my time sewing.  I have one goal, get rid of the material that I have been accumulating. I am making them into quilt tops, then I will put backs on them.  We had some frustrating times, Jack and I were going to drive to Grand Forks in the afternoon, when it was warm, so I would be there for the Dr. appointment, Jacqui didn't want us to go, so now the appointment is for Friday.  Julie did call, she is in Mpls, and at 12 at night We got a call from a man in our church, he had taken his wife to the hospital in the evening and she had called that she was having chest pains, they have a young son, and no one to stay with him, so he was taking son with him to the hospital.  If I can I will try to see them today.  Our pastor isn't home yet.  Then I felt better about the change,  God has other things for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment