Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15, 2009

Adversity
In every thing give thanks   1 Thessalonians 5:18

When you do not strive against adversity, its power to hurt you is destroyed.  The flesh may suffer, but the spirit will be blessed.
My voice speaks through every situation to the ear that is yielded to the Spirit.  My love flows freely through every sorrow to the heart that is devoted to Me. I will not fail anyone resting and trusting in My goodness.
Evils pass as ships in the night when peace reigns in the surrendered soul.  Leave with Me every unsolved problem.  Rejoice while I work it all out.

/I was encouraged by these thoughts today.  I feel that they must be appropriate for each one of us.  We all are facing situations that are challenges in our lives, As long as we keep our focus on our heavenly Father, nothing that we are facing can destroy us, It may be difficult to walk through, but God has promised that 'I will never leave you or nor forsake you, and low I am with you always"  Do you think he is there? yes he is.  You may not feel his presence, you may not be conscious of his presence, but he is there.  He has not left you, he desires to meet your need for this day.
Father, we thank you for giving us a night of rest, and bringing us to this new day,  help us to keep our focus on your presence and your love for us.  In Jesus Name. Amen/

Yesterday,  Jack went to Devils Lake with Jerry and Julie,  Jackson and Jesse came over and spent the day with me.  They really played good together, they know Grandma's rules, they followed them.  We had some times of music, legos and ofcourse hide the thimble(spool of thread).  In the afternoon we went to town for lunch with the seniors.  By the end of the time, Jesse was sitting on Larry Ohma's lap.  Larry's two grandsons were with them and they were learning how to play pool.  Afterwards we drove over to see Frank and Dorothy and their cat.  The boys played a game on the floor with ping pong balls, and the cat with them.  When we came back everyone was home.  I am still cutting and sewing quilt blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment