Saturday, February 7, 2009

February 7, 2009

Speak the Truth
Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Ephesians 6:10

Do not be intimidated by anyone, but speak forth My Word as I give it to you.
You are not pleasing Me but trying to please men.  They will detect your inconsistency in spite of your best efforts, for in one way or another, the truth will break through.  You need not say all that is in your heart, but you must either speak the truth or be silent.
Let the life and witness of Jesus Christ be your guide.
/
I am reflecting on the thoughts that I had last evening.  When I was at the Basketball game the night before, there was some dialogue by people that I was working with, but I generally do not reply, just listen, Then the next day I am mulling over what was said and thinking why didn't I say something, but I know that is how God works in my life, I usually don't have any thoughts at the time.  That is probably good.  Sometimes less said the better it is.  There are plenty of scriptures to back that idea....A soft answer turns away wrath...is one.

But when it comes to speaking the truth I need to be sure that God really wants me to speak it.  When it isn't really God you have that feeling inside of you that you should have kept quiet.  Have you ever had that happen?  Oh, I wish I hadn't said that.....I feel that I need to daily pray and ask God to guide my steps and actions.

Father, we are your vessels, guide our steps today and direct our paths,  Father is there a truth you want us to speak, guide us as we do speak, that our words would be seasoned with your love and your power.  In Jesus name, Amen.
/
Yesterday, was another school day,  I am still working on the quilt top, but nothing really exciting.  I think Dad was over to see Frank.  We trust that you all have a great day.

4 comments: