Friday, February 13, 2009

February 13, 2009

/Hold Fast
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith  Hebrews 12:2

Hold fast that which you have, and let no one take your crown.
Let no one hinder you in pursuit of the reward.  Let nothing stand in the way of your complete victory.
Let no weariness or discouraging thought cause you to loosen the rope of faith, but bind it tighter and anchor fast to My Word.
My Word can never fail.
/
I have several thoughts this morning.  I had a recent conversation with Pastor Rob of the Starkweather Lutheran Church,  and he expressed the value of God's word,  That was encouraging,  God is working there in their midst as they study the word.  Dad and I have been watching some Christian programing.  Joyce Meyers has been having speakers and staff sharing and it has been about encouraging.  I think I already wrote about this, but I do challenge you to encourage someone today,  a good place is with the people right inside our house,  The author talks about not hindering someone or standing in the way of their victory.  I don't ever feel that I can tell you what to do, because I don't know the thoughts that God is giving you,  my role is to encourage you to listen when God is speaking, and he is speaking.  When we pray God is there and we are praying for you.

Father we are thankful for you, for making yourself real to us, and that you are the guide and source of our very existence.  Draw us nearer, nearer Lord to you this day, Father, who do you want us to encourage this day? Our prayer is that you will put people in our path for us to bless, by a smile, a kind word.  Help us to relax in you, and to not be so work driven that we miss opportunities to be a blessing to someone around us.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday, they started school late,  so we have had a lot of short days, I suspect that since our principal is now a bus driver, he realizes how difficult it is to drive on those roads in the dark,  I think there may have been some blowing in the night, too.  Some of the gravel roads are like an ice skating rink.  After school, I helped Karen Lindenberg get ready for her special program that is today.  Yesterday, her students were preparing food that they will be serving to their parents.  I spent some time printing off some of the history I have been organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment