Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8, 2009

Motivation
If my people.....humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  2 chronicles 7:14

Confession, repentance, and prayer strengthen the will to move in the direction of holiness.  No one is brought into a life of holiness by outside force.  The inner desire is always the first and the foremost motivation. As soon as the desire for righteousness is present, the Holy Spirit will immediately fill it with His own energy and bring the soul into victory.

/When I read this today, I know that there are areas in my life that God is speaking to me about,  areas where I have put my selfish interests before that of God, God is speaking to me about that.  What in my life is keeping me from being all that God wants me to be?  What is keeping me from wholly and completely living for him?   Is it something physical, something spiritual?  Real peace comes as I yield to him.

Father, we give you this day, guide our steps and direct our path, but most of all draw us to you. Take those life situations and use them to your honor and glory this day.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.
/
Yesterday was a quiet day at home, I mailed a package and other than that I stayed at home, had a nap and did some cleaning.  Towards evening, I got a call from a person who is related to your dad, I had e-mailed a funeral home when I read about his mother dying and realized that we were related.  He lives in northern Minnesota and so in the evening I put together info for him about his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment