Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009

/Liberty
Those that walk in pride he is able to abase.  Daniel 4:37
Stand fast in the liberty wherein I have made you free and allow no one to move you into a position of compromise.  Be diligent to make the most of the opportunities thus afforded you.
You will never discover what I have planned for you if in your zeal you run ahead and become again entangled.  I free you and I want to keep you free.  Why do you look to others for help when I am already at work moving mountains on your behalf?
Be at peace.
/
All I can say is, this is a strong word for us today.  For me and for you.  I reflect on my life, times that I went ahead of God, and didn't wait for what I felt he was telling me to do, it turned out a disaster.  I am learning to wait.  When he has set me free of something,  it would be easy to get entangled back in it again, but why would I want to do that.    Yesterday through the e-mail came an ad from a basket weaving company wanting to sell me reed.  It was a reminder of a time when that was so important, but that has passed......But what is entangling us?  What has God set us free from and we are allowing ourselves to be trapped in again?  What do we desire to be free from? I have written this before  If the Son shall set you free you shall be free indeed.  This is from John chapter 8 and it is a key to our life in Christ.

Father, we thank you for send your son Jesus to die for our sins, and to set us free from the power of sin,  help us to understand that in a new way this day, help us to understand anew what you are doing for us.  Guide us in the choices we make this day, May they be honorable to you.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Yesterday, was a regular day of school, it started on time, but was out early for parent teacher conferences.  We received word in the morning that Frank was having problems, chest pains.  Jack was over there in the morning.There was new snow on the ground, but otherwise a usual day.  I still am cutting blocks for a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment