Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

The Burden-Bearer
He might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end.  Deuteronomy 8:16

My child, do not share your burdens with all who come to you professing concern.  I, myself, am the great burden-bearer.  You need not look to another.  I will lead you and guide you in wisdom from above.  All things will be as I plan them, if you allow Me the freedom to shape circumstances and lead you to the right decisions.
/
When I first read this, I did not understand the verse, it is from King James.  In NIV it says,  "He gave you manna  to eat in the desert, something your fathers had never known, to humble and to test you so that in the end it might go well with you."  First, it implies that we shouldn't share our burdens with others, but rather look to thee.  That is true, but I don't want any of you to feel that you can't share your burden with me, I desire to pray with you and for you.  I am learning that there are a lot of people in the world who really don't understand what I am experiencing and wouldn't be very helpful.  I have learned that some things I am experiencing would be misunderstood if I said anything to them.  Even people who profess to be Christians don't necessarily understand.
Last Sunday, Michael talked to us about testings  Here are a couple of thoughts from him,  Life is one pop test after another,  we are either taking a test, finishing a test, preparing for a test.  Tests are a certainty of life.  John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world".  He mentioned people who had extreme tests, Joseph, Daniel, David...James 1:2-4  Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything...  Our trials/tests might be physical/physiological/ financial.  There are small tests, tragedies....  Bad news - they happen most of our life, there will be test/pop quiz's, but the good news: Psalm34:19  Lord delivers him from them all.  Michael talked about trials being there for refinement.   He said the refiner (God) is never far from the furnace when his goal is in the fire.  Isaiah 43:2  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  We are always rewarded for standing the test.  Trials come for a host of reasons.  2 Corinthians 4:17....For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.   Faith....the outcome is up to him.

It seemed that this week we were experiencing a variety of things happening that were testing our faith,  I had written those notes, and was glad I could go back and be reminded that God is with me in the test of life.
Father, we give you this day, we thank you for rest, for your care and for providing for us.  Father, help us to reflect on where you have brought us from and where you are taking us to, what your desires are for our lives.  Help us to be drawn to you so that when the trials and test of life come our way, we will know and see your hand in them.  In Jesus name.
/
Yesterday, was a day at home, I can always keep busy cleaning and sorting and throwing.  I am enjoying my quilting project and piece by piece see some of the accumulated fabric getting used.  I think some of what I am sewing now must have come from Edna Simon.  I guess that is why I always seem to have a supply to make quilts, someone gives me more.  But I pray that we can find a home for the quilts I am making.  We were in town for afternoon coffee with the Srs. and would have gone to FaHoCha meeting, but the wind came up really hard, and since it was warm, the snow stuck to the road, and they were a mess.  Home was a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment