Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009

/Indolence
The field of the slothful..was all grown over with thorns...and the stone wall thereof was broken down  Proverbs 24:30-31

You could easily fill your day with frivolous or selfish pursuits.  Guard your time and energies, as they are the material from which the spiritual ministries are of necessity channeled.  Dissipate your physical strength or carelessly waste your time.  and thus shall the Spirit be thwarted.  Simple indolence is by itself a militant force against the Spirit.  Resist it in the full recognition of the destructive power that it is./

I translate that in my own life to mean.  I am wasting my time on frivolous things that keep me from being what God wants me to be.  Each of us is in different seasons of life, and granted what is important in your life at this time is likely different than what is important to me. Am I doing things that keep me from being an effective wife, mother, father, husband, even daughter or son?  Am I self centered, thinking only of my self?

I was blessed by a testimony yesterday about a man that I do know, who was in the hospital dying, and friends stopped in his room, talked to this person who seemed to be unconscious, about his eternal destiny,  He heard and prayed and responded and he came alive and didn't die but rather was sent to a nursing home.  Truly, when I reflect on his life, that was a miracle,  God was there, angels are rejoicing in heaven,  and believers here on earth.  Are there times, when God wants to do that in our lives, or use us to tell someone about his son and his desire to save?

Father, search our hearts and show us what your desire is for this day.  Help us Father to be the vessels you would have us to be.  Guide our steps and direct our paths this day.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

Yesterday,  it was a usual day of school.  After school I took Yvonne Faaland out to Vickie Erickstad to get her hair cut, and then I drove up to see Frank and Dorothy.  After supper I was so tired that I went to bed at 8 and slept right through til 6 this morning.  I am refreshed and ready for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment