Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2, 2009

/Find Solitude
O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt...give unto thine handmaid a man child. Then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life. 1 Samuel 1:11

There is no blessing I would withhold from those who walk in obedience to Me. Near to My heart and precious in My sight are those who have eyes to discern My purpose and ears that listen to My direction.
Do not be intent on great accomplishments.  It was a relatively small thing that Hannah prayed for a son, but what great things I accomplished through Samuel!
/
What are our purposes in life? What are our goals for ourselves and our families?  Sometimes I hear the news with Jack and they will do 'the person of the week'.  Usually there you find people who have done something great only because it helped someone else and truly the world is made up of a lot of people doing insignificant things for others.  God honors that.  What can you and I do today that in the worlds eye is insignificant, but it is what God wants us to do.  Who can we bless?

I also think of John Osborne's message yesterday.  Discerning the Will of God.  He said it is not always easily discerned, it is not always the direct distance between two points.  God's will is a journey and not a destination.  God is more interested in the how and who.  How do I get from a to b?  Was it selfish?  Who are we during the journey.  Are we becoming Christ like?  We are more worried about the answer rather than answerer.   We read the scripture from Acts 16:6-10,  Paul had a vision to go someplace but the Holy Spirit kept him from going there.   Sometimes we settle for 2nd best, 'Not my will but thine be done.  God knows our future even if we don't.

Father, help us to be a blessing to those in our corner of the world, help us to bless those around us.  Father, I pray for each one in our family, that you would minister to them and meet their needs this day.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

Yesterday, John Osborne from Lakewood Park bible Camp was our speaker because our pastor is in Nicaragua.  We appreciate John and his family.    After our usual nap we ate with the Srs. in Hampden.  Ione mentioned how Susan Werner's husband is really bad, with cancer and the children are home with them.  Pray for that family as they go through this experience together.  Frank is home, someone is coming to help them.  Otherwise a quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment