Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 2009

Prepare
And God said unto Noah....Make thee an ark of gopher wood Genesis 6:13-14
Your own future is shaped by today's decisions, therefore the future should not be ignored as though irrelevant to today.  Jesus did not teach man to ignore the future, but to prepare for it.  His warning was against anxiety concerning tomorrow, not against preparation.
It was I who taught Noah to prepare for the flood. Draw on My wisdom, for to Me all things are plain now.

I have only one thought today, keep your eyes on Jesus,  The world around us is a mess, but God isn't, he has everything under control.  As to our future, he knows it and holds it in his hands, the choices we make affect our tomorrow.

Father, we pray for wisdom and discernment for you directions in our lives.  Help us to seek you and be drawn to you.  You are our very present help in time of need.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday was a normal day at school, afterwards I was at home. Nothing exciting to report.

-- Spiritual Awareness
We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things....of God  1 Corinthians 2:12
As a child has eyesight, but only by teaching and study does he learn the art of reading, so likewise, what I do for you is to train you to comprehend intelligently that which you see in the Spirit.
The same principle applies in the other areas of spiritual awareness.  Let Me by your teacher and guide you into how to interpret the information that comes to you.

After I had sent this mornings thought I realized that I wrote the same one as yesterday, but with very different thoughts.  I t is very early in the morning and when I came upstairs this morning what I wrote is just what I had been thinking.  And it is because Jack and I had been watching TV last night, and there are a lot of negative things on TV.  The world and our country are in a mess, and I can't change the choices they are making, but I can choose to make good choices myself.
What God is doing in our lives is for our benefit, he has our best interest in mind and his guidance and direction is the very best.

Father help us to seek you while you can be found.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment