Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 3, 2009

/The Bent of the Soul
Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. Colossians 3:17

I am in business as surely as I am in the sanctuary of worship.  In fact, the former becomes the proving ground of the alter.
Your own inner consecration hallows the outer action.  Two may do what appears to be the same work.  The difference is in the bent of the soul whether it be for the glory of God or for self-aggrandizement.  I breathe My very life into that which is offered to Me as a sacrifice of love./

I guess the sum of these thoughts, is What is our motive?  Why do we do what we do?  I can reflect on years when I don't feel my motives were very honorable, I am thankful for God's grace and his work in my heart.  I know  I feel differently today, but still it is something for us to always search our hearts, and allow God to work in our very being to draw us to him and his motives.  This year one of my year cries is that God would give me more compassion for those about me.  I see him allowing things that cause me to feel what others are feeling.

Father, we lift this day to you, search our hearts and try our ways and lead us in your everlasting way.  We pray for your ministry in the lives of each in our family that they would be drawn to you in your own gentle way.  In Jesus name.

Yesterday was an interesting day.  First Ken, our exchange student is doing well in his new home.  I left school early to go to the Cando Clinic at Devils lake.  I wanted to talk to Amy Cox the nurse practitioner.  Some of you know that I feel that I have a hernia, and when I had it checked in December, they did an ultra sound, and that day they couldn't find it.  But it has continued to bother, so I felt to ask Amy about it.  She had a nurse practitioner student with her, and when she walked it I remember her from 4-H, she actually was in your nursing class, Jacqui, her name is Joanne Amann.  They feel that I do have a hernia and that I should deal with it, so they are making arrangements for me to see a Dr from Grand Forks.  Interestingly, if I do see this Dr. he is the one my physical therapist had recommended.  I see God's hand in it.  My blood pressure was a bit high, so I need to focus on that.  So would you guess it, last night I wasn't able to sleep, I lay there all night and only slept for maybe an hour,   disgusting.  I had made the mistake of staying up late and sewing on another quilt,  I was having such a good time,,, so when I went to bed I couldn't sleep.   Otherwise it was a great day,  Dad had his eyes checked and visited with Frank, who is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment