Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9, 2009

Strengthening Power
What I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I  Romans 7:15

You need the daily inward strengthening of the new man in the power of My might, to be enabled to walk in obedience to My commands.
You know to do good but continually battle the tendencies of your human nature to do otherwise.  For the flesh resisteth the progress of the Spirit (Romans 7:15-25).  But as Paul, you make your confession:  Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!
/
I need God's help to live my faith.  Just as the author says, how often do I get frustrated with myself because I have made a poor choice?  I know God wants me to do something and I don't.  Only as I yield to God's direction does it change.  When I am frustrated I know I need God's word, just as I eat physical food for strength, I read God's word for spiritual strength.  It is rather obvious we are living in uncertain times in our country, only as we keep close to God will we be able to keep our faith (and our sanity) in the days that lie ahead.

Father, we lift our family to you this day, Father guide their steps and direct their path and draw them to you the Lord and Saviour, the one who holds their future in your hands.  In Jesus name.  Amen.
/
Yesterday, we had a guest speaker at church, as our pastor is in Nicaragua.  After an afternoon nap, I went for a walk and then over to see Frank and Dorothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment