Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009

/Find Solitude
Forty years didst thou sustain them in the wilderness so that they lacked nothing  Nehemiah 9:21

I take no pleasure in the affliction of My children.  In love I chasten to prevent the deeper suffering involved. But My heart is glad when you walk close, with your hand in Mine, and we may talk over the plans for each day's journey and activities so that it becomes a happy way that we travel in mutual fellowship.
So pour out your praise to Me from a light heart. I will plan your path and we will go singing.
/
If he could do it there can he do it again?  He can sustain us now.  He wants us to walk close to him and we don't of ourselves see a need to walk close, unless he brings to our life or allows challenges that we realize we can't handle ourselves, it seems that only then do we desire to be close to him.  How sad,  He wants our friendship all the time and we chose to go our own way until we realize that we aren't making it by ourselves, then we turn to him.  How many times must we be chastened to then see we need to turn to him?

Father, open our eyes this day, draw us closer to thee, guard our steps and guide our path, and meet the needs that we have.  Help us to see your hand in what is happening to us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, plenty of annual activity, after school I drove to Devils Lake to get Jack, he had taken Julie's car to get it repaired.  When I got home, I started supper, and while it was cooking I went outside and burned more trees in the back yard, it is beginning to look a lot better.  I found a wood tick on myself, so I know they are there, too.  It was such a nice evening, I just stayed out as long as I could.    Everything is coming to life,  we even have some tulips blooming.


4 comments: