Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5, 2009

/Chastening
Ye are the salt of the earth; but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing Matthew 5:13

Have I not said that unless you experience chastening, you may well doubt your sonship?  Why then should you shrink from My rod of correction? You are not the parent, but the child.
Discipline and correction must come if you desire to be brought into conformity to My divine will. Accept My blessings and My comfort, but do not despise My stern dealings.  All are working toward your ultimate perfection.
/
I think it is pretty clear, if we want to be God's vessel, we can expect to be corrected.  That is the tough part, we don't like to see our failures, mistakes, our stinky attitude, whatever seems to stand in the way of our being all God wanted us to be.  At the time it seems hard, impossible, difficult, unpleasant, but the end result, and as we look back we can see God's hand in our lives.


Father, thank you for the rod of correction that you use to keep us in line, or to bring us in line with your will for our lives.  Today, we yield to you all that we are and all that you desire us to be and thank you for the changes you are making in us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, school.  I was installing yearbook program on computers, they have added new and fun things that will be fun for the students to use.  After school I went to Devils Lake and got my eyes checked, and then to see Frank.  It was a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment