Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3, 2009

Pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.  Matthew 6:6

O My beloved, My heart longs after you. Do not grieve Me by your indifference. I would gather you; but you do not heed Me. I would embrace and caress you; but you are impatient to be on your way.  You cannot please me thus.
I have called you to come into the secret chambers of solitary communion.  They are dark; but the comfort of My Person is there. Out of darkness comes great treasure.
/
What is it that we want so much ourselves that we miss that you want us?  Last night I heard a man named Darryl Strawberry speak on Mike Huckleebee  show.  He had been a famous athlete, but he had accepted Christ in 1991 and evidentially didn't make good choices so that in the end he saw his need to spent time in a solitary place for a length of time seeking God in his life.  That is what will change our walk with God,   If we want to truly hear from God we might have to separate ourselves from the distractions around us.  Suzanna Wesley, was a mother of a large family.  She would raise her apron over her face, and her children knew that "mother was praying"  Two of her sons were John and Charles Wesley, well know for their ministries in early years.  Sometime when I am dealing with something frustration, I will go and close myself in the bathroom and sit on the floor and pray and seek God.  I remember one time when MeKu the girl from the orient lived with us and it was really frustrating.  I went in the bath room and sat on the floor and prayed, I remember calling Jacqui and we prayed together.  Sometime when we can't seem to get victory over something, it helps to have some one who we become accountable with for the situation.

Father, help us to see our need and then help us to seek you for the need.  Thank you for the answer that you give us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, I did some cleaning and then drove down to help Paula at camp.  We did some cleaning in pantry and also in the rooms upstairs.  The men are working on the new office building.  It is going to be really nice.  I really like the knotty pine interiors.  There is still quite a bit left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment