Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27, 2009

/Remove the Barriers
All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.  Romans 10:21

My children, over many barriers I call to you.
I do not withhold Myself by choice, but you prevent Me from fellowshipping with you. Curtains of doubt, fear, timidity, repentance, and many others hid My face from you so that you cannot know Me.
Before it is too late, turn to Me with no devices of self-defense, and then can I open My heart to you and pour out My blessings.
/
What barriers are we putting up to keep God from really getting to the heart of our life and situation?  I can think of some pride, independence, fear, distrust.......  What does it take for us to let go and let God?

Father, we come to you for this another day, a day to rejoice that you are here and you are with us.  Help us to yield to you as you speak to us, Help us to listen to your voice and to know it is you that is speaking to us.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

Yesterday, I sent the annual, did write some other letters, in the afternoon Ione Werner and I cleaned the Senior Citizens Center.  Jack and I ate supper with Jerry and Julie and family.  It is probably the first time Jerry has been with me on my birthday since he was in high school.  The children make it a special time.  It was a beautiful evening, Jack was mowing and I was pulling weeds, I can't get enough of being outdoors when the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment