Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7, 2009

/The Quiet Spirit
Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord?...He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart, who hath not....sworn deceitfully.  Psalm 24:3-4

Be silent when you come to Me. Only the quiet spirit enters the place of communion. Strivings are left outside.  Vexations bar the door, for they are caused by reactions to things, places, and people, and none  of these are related to worship.  Put them out of the temple.  They that have clean hands and a pure heart shall ascend unto the mountain of the Lord.
/
When we take communion we are encouraged to search our hearts and look for anything that may be standing between us and God, and to ask for forgiveness.  We also know the verse about not letting the sun go down on your wrath, which is another passage that encourages us to ask forgiveness.  Asking forgiveness isn't easy but the longer we go with out doing it the more miserable we are.  It would seem that international problems even happen because of a lack of forgiveness.  It is such an important thing in God's design, and such a healer of hurts.  We can't do anything about the recipient, but if we are truly asking for forgiveness from our heart, God can heal us and when the Son sets you free you are *free indeed.  *Being free is truly the most significant thing in life.

Father, show me the area's in my  life where you desire to set me free, help me to be a willing vessel and to listen to your voice.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday was interesting.  I am still testing and did that for one period, we worked on the annual, and then I come back and work on it in a study hall later in the day.  I also finished Jodi's gym class for 7th and 8th grade. They were playing softball out at the diamond,  they have very limited skills as pitchers, it isn't much of a game if you can get the ball across the home plate, but I wouldn't be able to do better.  After school I went to Devils Lake to get my glasses, and then to see Frank at the hospital.  He may come home today.  I also saw Joyce Dahl who had surgery in Rochester and is in this hospital waiting for some tubes to quite draining, she is a gem, it is always good to see her.  Naomi and Edna came to see Frank.  Edna has advertised her farmstead for sale, she had forgotten to lock a quonset, so I stopped at her farm and did it for her.  After supper, we were out in the trees, dad used chain saw on some and we are burning what we can.  I hope it is nice again tonight so I can be out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment