Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15, 2009

/The Call of the Spirit
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling For it is God which worketh in you.  Philippians 2:12-13
/
Today is the day of salvation. Tomorrow is not given you to possess. Tomorrow is not a mysterious unknown; it will be the fruitage of what you sow today.  Your response to Me at this moment becomes your present experience of salvation.  Your answer to My call at the point where you now find yourself is the one deciding factor.
Regret weakens, and procrastination destroys the vision.  With a whole heart seek my face.

God allows things in our lives to cause us to turn to him.  We don't always yield, but that isn't his problem that is our choice.  As a child I found it difficult to live in a situation with the conflict that resulted from alcoholism.  Now for someone else it is something different.  Someone recently told me their life was effected by hearing someone talk about hell.  What is/has effected you?   What I do today affects tomorrow.  I am in a position to make choices that affect my future life here and even where I spend eternity.

Yesterday, we had  a party at school for Diane Hoiland who is retiring this year.  Afterwards I worked for quite a while on the annual, by the time I got home it was cold and time for super.

No comments:

Post a Comment