Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9, 2009

/Give Me a Drink
And Elijah said unto her, Fear not...but make me thereof a little cake first. 1 Kings 17:13

Give Me just a cupful of  your limited affection.  I will pour out upon you such love as you have never known.  Love that will flood your whole being with such satisfaction as you never dreamed possible to experience except in Heaven.  I beg of you. "Give Me a drink."  Or in the language of Elijah, "Make me a small cake from it first"  (1 Kings 17:13-16)  and you will never lack for meal and oil.
/
Can you think of times when you have experienced Gods love in such an unforgettable way,  I remember Lucile Furber telling about a time when she experienced God's presence with her in her car in a way she didn't forget.  I can think of a time/or times at Lake wood Park Bible Camp and in our own church  when I felt God's love and presence and could only think that this must be the way it is in heaven.  I also remember portions of "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames" (play) when I felt God's presence so clearly......  How much do we desire God's affection/his presence/his love?  Really it is there for our taking.  What is standing in our way from really being close to God?  There are times when it talked about the disciples who were close to Christs bosom,  Do we want to be close like that?
Father, we would pray this day, draw me nearer, nearer to thee.  Give us a greater hunger for your will for our lives, help us to accept ourselves and where you have placed us this day.  In Jesus Name. Amen.


Yesterday, what a day, lots of activities, I am thankful that at the end of the day I could still say, that God was truly with us.......  At school we had some teachers absent, and it meant helping where ever possible, but it was a good day,  in the end Jodi and I got more things organized for annual and then watched part of the video "Maxed out"  she will show it to her general business class.  I did another pile of trees in the backyard, so it is beginning  to get cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment