Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009

/Repentance Activates My Grace
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  1 John 1:9-10

Give Me all your body, mind, and spirit.  Hold nothing back for yourself.  Speak to Me often and much.  The more you do so, the more I can help you.  Full confession brings full forgiveness. Truly humility opens the door to divine aid.  Genuine repentance activates My grace.
/
What happens when we speak out of line, say something that our spirit tells us wasn't right, do we feel good?  Do we have some guilty feelings?  What happens when we don't apologize?  Do the thoughts keep haunting us?  I guess from experience, I have learned it is better to deal with those poor choices that we have made.  When it is appropriate and when it isn't appropriate, it is wise to apologize. I think of the verse where it tells you not to let the sun go down on our sin/anger  You are just going to feel better if you deal with it right away.
I also like the thought of surrendering ourselves, all of us, and speaking to our heavenly father often, the more we see him helping us.  We know what a good feeling it is when God sets us free from something, he wants to do the same concerning relationships that have been hurt.

Father, thank you for the word you have shared with us today, help us be willing to to seek forgiveness, and help us to be willing to forgive.  Guide our steps and give us wisdom for the task at hand.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, we had Sunday School and church and afterwards a birthday party for Buddy Barrel(BGMC)  Dad drove to Bismarck after Sunday School, and after the potluck meal, I drove to Devils lake,  stopped at funeral home, Inez Wolf died.  I saw some of her family there that day.  Then over to hospital to see Frank, Dorothy is staying with him.  I came home and later went to the senior center to eat with them.  It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed being outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment