Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

Love's Servant

He that is greatest among you shall be your servant. Matthew 23:11

Love changes all the desires. Love knows that doing the Father's will is the only thing of value. Because love does not seek its own, it is not dismayed when circumstances are unfavorable.

He who has love will labor happily though unremunerated and sacrifice personal comfort without protest or complaint. He will measure happiness by his power to give and weakness by his limitation to bring comfort to those in need. Love is the source of joy, the touchstone of all meaningful human expression.

Have you ever met someone who was like that?  It is hard to find.  I think that in the past I saw people who had that kind of heart, but for some reason people have become self-centered.  When we desire to be God's vessel, he has to show us how self centered we are.  It is painful to realize how much we are focused on our selves rather than on God and his will.  I encourage you to reflect on people who have demonstrated that to you.  It is more of thee and less of me, that is God's way.

Yesterday, I tried to put the house in order, and pack my vehicle, and start on my way to camp.  I stopped to see Frank and Dorothy.  Sherry Bracken is staying with them, she is there to help Dorothy.  She is a blessing to Dorothy and Dorothy to her.  She had videod Frank playing his accordian.  I think she plays some instruments, too.  As a young persons she was a friend to Wagenman and Perich children.  She is living in Jamestown.  I had been trying to reach Edna, she was at the farm, I found her pushing a lawn mower,  She is getting the farm ready to take a photo to put it on the market.   She stopped and we visited for a while.  Then I drove from there to camp.  We worked in the evening, there is a lot to do.  More young people will be coming today and I will cook for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment